3rd hour: During announcements, please post on today's class blog one question you have from last night's reading. This can be a Level 1 (plot), Level 2 (inference), or Level 3 (bigger picture) question as long as it's a question you would genuinely like answered.
1. Warming up: With a partner, please explore the relationships between Theseus, Hippolyta, Egeus, Hermia, Lysander, Demetrius, and Helena by doing the following:
a. Go over last night's homework together so that you feel comfortable with the characters.
b. Using the graphic organizer given out in class, try to fill in as much about the characters and their relationship based on your memory as you can. Then, open your books to add to or correct what you've written down.
Take at look at the example below if you need a jump start:
2. Digging a little deeper in these relationships by putting them into action:
Living Picture 1: Theseus and Hippolyta (1.1.1-20)
Living Picture 2: Theseus and Egeus (1.1.21-46)
Living Picture 3: Theseus and Hermia (1.1.47-92)
Living Picture 4: Demetrius, Lysander, Theseus, and Egeus (1.1.93-129)
Living Picture 5: Lysander and Hermia (1.1.130-182)
Living Picture 6: Hermia and Helena (1.1.183-212)
ALL GROUP MEMBERS MUST PARTICIPATE EITHER BY READING OR POSING.
3. Returning to your opening questions: Find one question on the blog that you can at least partly answer after today's class. Go ahead and type your response right underneath the question.
4. (If time allows) Exploring the cast of characters and putting you in charge of prop/costume duty.
1. Finish reading all of Act 1 (the end of scene 1 and all of scene 2) using No Fear Shakespeare. Continue the homework you did for today by listing the new characters you meet and what they want. Be as specific as possible, and include a quotation for each in the original Shakespearean.
2. Make your SAT List 12 flashcards for Wednesday.