1. Warming up: Look back to yesterday's blog and respond to at least one question with as specific an answer as possible.
2. Finishing the presentations and discussions of yesterday's "Living Pictures"; finish reading scene 1 together
3. Setting up acting companies for this unit:
a. Decide on a name for your acting company. It should sound Shakespearean.
b. Select one member of your group to set up a folder and share it with your entire acting company and with me. The title should be the name of your acting company.
c. Start a new document called "Task #1: The Mechanicals' Play Rehearsal" and put it inside your acting company folder. Give it an MLA heading (include all group members' names)
d. Follow the directions below for Task #1: The Mechanicals' Play Rehearsal:
- Find Act 1, scene 2 in your school copy of the play.
- With your acting company, do a round-robin reading to a period, semicolon, colon, or question mark.
- Have someone keep a list in your document of all words you don't know; come to a consensus about what those words mean and record those definitions in your document.
- Discuss last night's homework until you feel as though everyone understands the scene pretty well. In other words, who are these new characters, and what do they want?
- Record in your document a specific, thoughtful response to today's focus question.
- Decide on an MVP for your acting company today. In other words, who was the most helpful and how so? Record the person and the reason in your document.
4. Viewing Act 1 of the film version (if time allows)
1. Make your List 12 SAT vocabulary flashcards by tomorrow. I might actually have time to check them off in class tomorrow. Remember, too, that this is your last round of required flashcards, so let's make them excellent.
2. Spend 20 minutes with your memoir independent reading book (and bring it to class on Friday).