Announcement: I need Midsummer folders from the following people ASAP:
Zach--I need editing rights to yours
1. Warming up: Sharing my thoughts on your group work yesterday; regrouping to cast the right actors in the right roles:
Please complete the following task on yesterday's document: For each of the following characters, please decide (1) which modern actor should play each role (feel free to include a picture), and (2) give a one sentence explanation as to why the actor is a kindred spirit to the character:
- Nick Bottom
2. Viewing the film version of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1
As you watch...
- In "Ye Daily Class Log," give your notes today a date and heading.
- Note three directorial choices you find interesting, such as the casting of actors, any changes the director has made to the original play, and any parts that really help you understand the play.
- Briefly explain why you find each choice notable. Bullet points are fine.
3. Reviewing SAT List 12 vocabulary (if time allows)
1. For TOMORROW: Using the No Fear Shakespeare version of A Midsummer Night's Dream (which you can access on the class website), read Act 2, scene 1, lines 1-194.
In your "Thou Doest Thine Homework" document, please make a list of all characters you meet in Act 1, scene 1, and, as specifically as possible, tell what each character wants. Support each response with a quotation from the play (in the original Shakespearean). This will be worth 20 points in the Growth category because, yes, it's that important.
2. For FRIDAY: Study for Friday's vocabulary quiz on the List 12 words (and yes, there will be a few words from List 11 reappearing on the quiz as well). Bring your memoir independent reading book to class as well.