Ever wonder who's really grading all of your essays?
|Here he is grading the good essays...|
|And here he is grading the not-so-good essays...|
He says he apologizes for the slow turn-around time, but he is still trying to learn the alphabet. English is tricky!
1. Warm-up: Viewing an "epic" vision of the future
What does our future look like, according to this video?
What aspects of our 2014 society are being highlighted in this video?
What aspects of our society are being subtly criticized in this video?
2. Participating in a survey about the future of our society by clicking HERE
3. Reading and questioning "Harrison Bergeron" together
- On each page, ask at least three questions (these should be Level 1 and Level 2 questions).
- Try to make one or two solid connections to the video you watched today, to the survey, or to our society.
- At the end of the story, pose at least one good Level 3 question.
1. Finish reading and questioning "Harrison Bergeron." If you were absent from class today, click HERE for a copy of the story.
2. The early bird deadline for your Midsummer essay is tomorrow by 3:00 pm. Remember that you need to print a clean, hard copy to turn in.
3. Bring in your copy of Midsummer to turn in if you haven't done so already.