Focus: What does our future look like, according to Bradbury?
1. Warming up: Considering what you'd like to read on Fridays...
Option 1: Catch up/get ahead in Fahrenheit 451
Option 2: Select a banned book to read; click HERE for the letter to your parents and a list of popular banned books.
Option 3: Select a dystopian novel to read; click HERE for the letter to your parents, but click HERE for a list of popular dystopian novels (you'll need to scroll down just a little).
2. Enjoying Fahrenheit 451 Fishbowl #3: Pages 40-63
3. Wrapping up
1. For Thursday, please prepare for fishbowl discussion by reading pages 63-80 in Fahrenheit 451 and completing the other side of your yellow observation chart/reading journal.
2. Please bring your yellow F451 vocabulary packet to class tomorrow for a little vocab. review (remember that this Friday will be your quiz over words 1-15).
3. Start thinking about which option you're going to take for Friday reading time; if you want to start reading your banned/dystopian novel on Friday, go ahead and bring it along with your signed proposal.