1. Warming up with a professional speech about happiness:
- What is the speaker's attention grabber (how does he open his speech)?
- What is his claim? In other words, what point is he trying to make?
- How was his speech organized? In other words, what were his topics?
- How did he use the slides projected to the audience?
- Which details in his speech (images, phrases, word choices, etc.) appeal to ethos, logos, and pathos?
2. Fahrenheit 451 Fishbowl #4: Pages 63-80
3. Wrapping up: Responding to our focus question
1. Bring either F451 or a bannned/dystopian independent reading book to class tomorrow (remember that I need a parent signature).
2. Study for tomorrow's vocabulary quiz over words 1-15.
3. Work on your book talk.