1. Warming up: Watching the "Best Vacation Ever" and reading "Texting Your Teens to Dinner"
- As you watch and read, try to make at least one specific connection to the characters and society of F451.
- In your opinion, can technology be a good way to bring your family together? Or does it create distance?
2. Introducing the first 15 F451 words and entering them in quizlet.com; then pelting each other with vocabulary snowballs for words 1-15 in F451
(Winner, winner, chicken dinner--you get an extra point on Friday's vocabulary quiz)
3. Taking some good old fashioned quality time to read F451 aloud together and ask questions
1. For tomorrow, please prepare for fishbowl discussion by finishing pages 63-80 in Fahrenheit 451 and completing the other side of your yellow observation chart/reading journal.
2. Remember that this Friday will be your quiz over words 1-15; start studying tonight.
3. Start thinking about which option you're going to take for Friday reading time; if you want to start reading your banned/dystopian novel on Friday, go ahead and bring it along with your signed proposal.