Early birds: Turn in those essays and give yourself a star (literally).
1. Warm-up: Exploring your thoughts on competition and "equality"
Agree, disagree, unsure: State your stance and give two good, specific reasons/pieces of evidence.
a. We shouldn't keep score at kids' sports games (kids = age ten and under).
b. All high school teams should include a team from which no one gets cut.
c. On every team, every kid should get to play every position.
d. We should treat everyone equally.
2. Reviewing fishbowl expectations and enjoying a 20 minute impromptu fishbowl discussion of the statements above and of "Harrison Bergeron"
3. Signing up for leader and discusser dates for the F451 fishbowls
(4. Diving into the world of F451 together with your blue bookmarks)
1. Continue reading and annotating through page ___ in F451 (annotate by filling out the reading journal given in class).
2. The final deadline for your essay is this Thursday, March 6. No late work will be accepted after this point.
3. We will be reviewing Lists 11-15 in class tomorrow to prepare you for Thursday's cumulative test over all SAT words covered this semester.