Focus: What shifts are happening in The Kite Runner? Why are they important to novel as a whole?
1. Present "Wanted" signs to the class.
2. Warm-up: Making inferences on the Taliban based on quotations spoken by them; please brainstorm your thoughts on each in your notes on Google drive before discussing as a class.
Click HERE for the slides; the instructions and quotations start on slide #20.
3. Fishbowl #4: Discussing Chapters 17 and 18 in The Kite Runner
1st Hour Fishbowl Blog
3rd Hour Fishbowl Blog
6th Hour Fishbowl Blog
3. Wrapping up discussion with take-aways and questions that respond to today's focus question
1. Study for tomorrow's List 4 SAT vocabulary quiz.
2. Bring your independent reading book to class tomorrow.