Focus: How can student-led discussion lead us to a better understanding of The Kite Runner, Chapters 9 and 10?
1. Warm-up: Building up your background knowledge to better understand The Kite Runner
a. As a class, brainstorm which words, people, historical events, terms, etc. have come in The Kite Runner that you don't quite understand.
b. With your membership grid groups, select the two or three topics that you'd most like to know about, and take a little time to research them. Discuss how the research helps you understand what's happening in The Kite Runner (be sure to write down research and responses in your grids).
2. Participating in Fishbowl #2: Chapters 11 and 12
1st Hour Fishbowl Blog
3rd Hour Fishbowl Blog
6th Hour Fishbowl Blog
3. Wrapping up a discussion with a whip-around: What are your take-aways and questions?
1. Study for tomorrow's List 3 SAT vocabulary quiz (keep bringing your flashcards and annotations to class to be checked off).
2. Bring your independent reading book to class tomorrow.
3. Start reading and annotating Chapter 13 for Monday.