Focus: How can student-led discussion lead us to a better understanding of The Kite Runner, Chapters 9 and 10?
1. Warm-up: Reviewing List 3 SAT vocabulary
2. Recapping Fishbowl expectations:
1. Everyone should have his or her Kite Runner book and annotations out. This applies to both the outer and inner circles.
2. Reference the text frequently, reading passages aloud and giving people time to find the right page numbers.
3. Leaders can and should jump into the discussion as well.
4. All participants in the outer circle should include at least one quotation in their blogs to receive full credit.
5. Outer circle participants must participate on the blog throughout the entire discussion; you should not disappear for large periods of time.
6. If you haven't read, you should not participate in fishbowl. Instead, use this time to read and post on the blog tonight for homework.
3. Participating in Fishbowl #1: Chapters 9 and 10
1st Hour Fishbowl Blog
3rd Hour Fishbowl Blog
6th Hour Fishbowl Blog
4. Wrapping up the discussion with a "whip-around" (go around the circles and state what went well and/or what we need to improve upon and/or one take away from today's discussion you have regarding The Kite Runner)
1. Prepare for tomorrow's fishbowl by reading and annotating Chapters 11 and 12.
2. Start studying for Friday's SAT vocabulary quiz over List 3.
3. Keep bringing your annotations and flashcards to class so that they can be checked off.