PLC: Shortened class today
1. Warm-up: Sharing Ms. Leclaire's 9-11 story (to read and respond to on your own)
2. Overviewing fishbowl discussion in extreme detail; see "Fishbowl Overview" and "Sample Syllabus," both linked at the top of the class website.
3. Signing up for fishbowl discussions:
- You must sign up once to be a leader and once to be a discusser; they must be on separate dates.
- You cannot miss your leader or your discusser dates, so make sure you write them down in your calendar immediately, along with the assigned chapters for those days and the people you will be leading with.
- Exchange contact information with the other leaders in your group.
3. Reviewing List 2 SAT vocabulary words with circle story time! If time runs out, we'll do this tomorrow.
Please have your Kite Runner annotations and flashcards out to be checked.
1. Read and annotate Chapters 5 and 6 to prepare for tomorrow's practice fishbowl discussion.
2. Start studying for Friday's List 2 SAT vocabulary quiz. If your flashcards and annotations have not been checked off yet, be sure to bring them to class tomorrow.
3. Remember to bring your independent reading book to class on Friday.