1. Fun Friday warm-up: What the world would look like if we were metacognitive all the time...
2. Relaxing into the world of independent reading; explaining why we do this and giving you time to do it!
3. Practicing a little more with Reading Strategy #3: Ask great questions
- Modeling a sample page from the middle
- Trying it out with the very end
4. Trying out Reading Strategy #4: Build up your background knowledge
- What should we research?
- The rest cure
- Weir Mitchell
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Postpartum depression
- Anything else?
- How does our research help inform our understanding of "The Yellow Wallpaper"? Select ONE topic to research, then find at least THREE places in the story that your research helps you understand. In the margins, explain what new understanding you've achieved thanks to this research.
1. Finish today's research activity (see directions right above in blue).
2. Spend 30 minutes with your independent reading book.