Focus: How can use questions to find our way into tough poems and stories?
PLC--Shortened class today
1. Gearing up with Reading Strategy #3: Ask great questions
a. Click here for a document called "How To Ask a Great Question" (also linked at the top of the class website).
b. Trying out Reading Strategy #3 with a metacognitive writing. Click HERE for an example.
2. Using Reading Strategy #3 with a crazy short story called "The Yellow Wallpaper."
1. Please finish reading "The Yellow Wallpaper" tonight; as you read, annotate using our reading strategies:
#1: Spend some time pulling out the little details/clues that might give away the bigger picture.
#2: When you come across something unfamiliar, try to connect it to something familiar.
#3: Ask great questions (see handout linked above for help).
2. Bring your independent reading book and permission slip to class on Friday.
3. If you're still feeling kind of lost with the painting from the weekend and the poems from last night, click HERE for a little help.