If you have not done so yet, please turn in your signed class policies at the beginning of class.
1. Warm-up: Taking the technology oath!
2. Establishing blogging policies and membership grid groups
a. Please peruse the post and the comments for the two blogs linked below. As you read quietly, think about which ones are strong and which ones are weak. What makes the strong ones strong, and what makes the weak ones weak?
Click HERE for a sample homework blog.
Click here for a sample fishbowl blog.
b. In your membership grid groups, first fill out your names across the top. Please fill in your first topic: "Blogging Expectations."
c. As a group, decide on FIVE specific blogging policies for this class that will help keep our blogs strong.
d. I will compile your answers and print them out for the class to sign.
3. Perusing and commenting on each other's "If You Really Knew Me" posts
4. Browsing books and understanding the purpose and focus of independent reading this semester
Click HERE for an overview of independent reading.
1. If you're going to check out your book from the library, go ahead and check it out. If you're going to purchase it, go ahead and order it or figure out when you're going to get to the bookstore. The first day you will need your book is Friday, August 30.
2. Once you have decided on your book, ask your parents to sign the letter distributed in class today. This letter is also due Friday, August 30 (note: you will not be able to start your independent reading book until I have your parents' permission unless you selected a school-approved book).