1. Warm-up: Quickly recapping independent reading and explaining tonight's homework
- Your book should be one that you haven't yet read.
- Your book should be at your reading level (remember the "five finger" rule).
- You should really, really like your book; take your time picking it out.
- You need both your book and your signed permission form on Friday, August 30.
2. Taking the Critical Reading Boot Camp pre-test!
Please open the pre-test link above, click on File, then Make a copy.
Rename the test so that your first and last name come right before the original title.
Share your test with me: email@example.com
"Roll Away Your Stone"
3. Turning in your pre-tests OR taking them home to finish
1. Finish your pre-test if you did not do so in class.
2. Please complete the NEW homework blog by THIS MONDAY. Click on the appropriate link below for specific directions and post your comments on that blog (not this one):
Click here for the 1st Hour Homework and Fishbowl Blog
Click here for the 3rd Hour Homework and Fishbowl Blog
Click here for the 6th Hour Homework and Fishbowl Blog
3. Remember that you need a physical copy of your independent reading book and your signed permission form in class on Friday, August 30.