1. Warming up: Designing your ideal playground, comparing it to today's vanilla playgrounds, and reading about "The Overprotected Kid"
Before you read...
- Design your ideal playground (sketch it or describe it in words). Create it from bottom to top, starting with what the ground would be made of, what the playground itself would be made of, what equipment it would have (if any equipment at all), how tall it would be, what colors it would have, etc.
- How do think your playground compares to playgrounds today?
As you skim the article, please respond to these questions in your notes...
- What is "The Land," and what makes it unique?
- What's happened to our playgrounds over the years and why?
- What is problematic about today's playgrounds?
After you read...
- What connections can you make between this article and F451?
2. Enjoying F451 Fishbowl #6: Pages 102-139
3. Wrapping up
1. Bring F451 or your independent reading book to class tomorrow for 20-30 minutes of reading time.
2. Work on your book talk if you have not given your book talk yet.
3. Finish F451 and your final yellow observation chart for Monday.