1. Warming up with our final (or almost final) round of book talks!
2. Finishing your outline; please see yesterday's blog for details and click HERE for the rubric
Today needs to be a quiet work day since you should no longer be in the brainstorming phase; you will receive a work habits grade for the day (10/10 = you were working quietly and staying on task the entire time).
3. Cleaning up the outline:
- Does your document have an MLA heading and title?
- Have you deleted the thesis statements that you're not using?
- Have you italicized F451 and The Truman Show in your thesis and topic sentences?
- Are your examples from F451 quotations?
- Did you cite them properly?
- Are your examples from The Truman Show specific?
- Did you avoid "you" and "I" in your thesis and topic sentences?
- Did you remember to offer a little brainstorming after each quote/example?
- Have you proofread your outline carefully for grammar and punctuation?
- Is your document shared with me directly?
1. Please complete your outline before class tomorrow.
2. Remember that your signed book-film club proposals are due Monday, April 21. Those without proposals will be assigned a school-approved text.
3. Meet in the Forum tomorrow for scheduling.