3rd hour: During announcements, please mark on your final drafts the piece that you plan to share with the class. In the margins, write down why you have chosen this portion. If you're going to read the entire memoir, please note that at the top.
1. Warming up: Establishing the rules of the reading
- We listen.
- We show respect.
- We're okay with being a little vulnerable.
- We snap.
2. Setting up the order of readings
3. Sharing our memoirs with the class
4. Reflecting on how it went (if time allows) and turning in your final drafts
1. SAT List 11 flashcards due tomorrow.
2. If you'd like to purchase the No Fear version of A Midsummer Night's Dream, start bringing it to class tomorrow (there is also a free online version linked to the class website, but it does have ads).
3. This Friday you will take your first SAT vocabulary quiz on List 11; bring your memoir independent reading book to class as well.
4. Optional: Consider submitting your memoir to the Muse.