Focus: What final edits does my memoir need?
1. Warming up with "The Power of Vulnerability"
Before you watch...
Define the following in your own words:
As you watch...
How does the speaker identify/define the three words above?
After you watch...
What does this have to do with memoir writing and tomorrow's reading?
2. Cleaning up the little details
- Does your memoir have an MLA heading?
- Does it have an original title?
- Does it have page numbers?
- Is it in 12 point font (or smaller)?
- Is it double spaced?
3. Enjoying a quick lesson on sentence variety, then peer or self editing using the rubric
4. Revising (for the final time) based on the rubric, my feedback, and today's edits
1. Final draft due tomorrow; be sure to print your final copy BEFORE class.
2. SAT List 11 flashcards due Wednesday.
3. Bring a copy of your memoir independent reading book to class on Friday.