Please turn in your signed memoir proposal.
1. Warm-up: Showing vs. telling
- Mini lesson: Translating idea to image, abstract to concrete
- Practicing with showing vs. telling
- Putting it into practice with your own writing: Find a place where you tell an emotion (i.e. "I was really scared") and translate it into an image to show us that emotion instead.
2. Workshop #1: Explaining the rules of workshop and editing each other's drafts (or your own)
3. Revising your draft based on today's workshop
Continue editing your draft; draft #2 due at the beginning of class tomorrow. Here are the requirements:
- At least three pages in length
- Strong imagery using all five senses
- Slowed-down moments
- Elements of plot structure (exposition, rising action, turning point, falling action, resolution)
- Showing not telling