Please sit in your assigned seats today.
Synthesis Essay is Due. Take a few minutes to read the final draft to be sure it is complete and perfect. If you spot an error, correct it with your pen or pencil.
- Staple the grading rubric to the top of your essay and hand it in.
- Also hand in your peer-edited rough drafts, stapled together. Be sure your peer editor wrote his/her name on top of the paper.
Today's focus--preparing to read and analyze A Long Way Gone.
1. Explanation of the assignment, Journal with a Purpose.
3. Let's read Chapter 1 and annotate it together...
4. Sign up for Fishbowls. You must be a leader once and a discusser once.
Due Monday, 11/11: Read and annotate Chapters 1 and 2. Fishbowl #1 is Monday, November 11. Leaders must prepare chapter summaries and questions, just as you did for Kite Runner. Discussers: Be ready to analyze the book!
For each chapter, write five annotations about your chosen motif and questions for fishbowl. That's 10 annotations total.
- Write directly in your book if you own the book
- Write your comments on sticky-notes
- Write two-column journal entries with the quote on one side and the comment/analysis on the other.
Study for Vocabulary Lesson 8 quiz tomorrow.