Focus: How do you regain your humanity after being a long way gone from it?
1. Warm-up: Viewing two interviews with Ishmael Beah
Please start a new document called "Ishmael Beah."
As you watch these two interviews, please take notes in response to the following questions:
What does it take to turn a child into a child soldier?
To what extent do you think Beah has healed from his experience? Explain your thinking. What has helped him heal?
2. Fishbowl #6: Discussing Chapters 18 and 19 in A Long Way Gone
1st Hour Fishbowl
3rd Hour Fishbowl
6th Hour Fishbowl
1. Study for tomorrow's SAT vocabulary test on Lists 1-10.
2. Bring your independent reading book to class tomorrow. Bring A Long Way Gone and your annotations to class tomorrow so I can take a look at them.
3. Keep thinking about possible topics for your final project.
4. Finish reading and annotating A Long Way Gone by Monday.