1. Warming up: Listening to an opening clip from a "real" documentary
What do you notice about the script itself (powerful words and phrases)?
How does the script turn this into a movie about us? In other words, how does it capture human interest?
What ideas can you steal for your mockumentary?
2. Looking at a sample script and developing the script for your mockumentary
3. Please make sure that by the end of class, you have shown me your annotated research and your timeline
1. Bring your book club novel to class tomorrow; make sure you have completed the reading assignment (as determined by your book club).
2. Your characterization activity from Monday should be finished by tomorrow.
3. Mockumentary script will be due by the beginning of class on Wednesday.