1. Editing suggestions from Mrs. Leclaire: Last Chance Dance
Fix your rough draft.
2. 1st and 3rd period: Peer-editing.
- Exchange papers with one person whose feedback you value. Write "Peer-edited by" and sign your name on the top of the other person's paper.
- Read the introduction and body paragraph carefully. Write comments about the following:
- Is the opening sentence an effective eye-catcher?
- Is the background information adequate?
- Is the thesis the last sentence of the paragraph? Is it clear, specific,provable, and debatable? Explain.
- Use the half-slip of paper for your comments about body paragraph 1. Staple it to the paper you are editing.
- You will receive 10 points for peer-editing someone else's essay. You will be graded on how thorough, specific, and helpful your comments are.
After reading your peer-editor's comments, get a computer and revise the introduction and first body paragraph to make it stronger. Then, write body paragraph 2.
HW--Study for vocabulary lesson 7 quiz tomorrow
Bring your reading book for independent reading.
Bring Kite Runner to hand it in.